Growing your business sustainably. Protecting the bottom line.
Protect margin by managing the client, contract and project
Enrollment for Spring 2019 classes is open.Review the curriculum guide at right or get a registration pack to learn more about this unique professional development opportunity for Allsteel, Haworth, Herman Miller, Knoll and Steelcase dealer staff.
Fall enrollment opening soonA new set of PM Training classes will start in mid-September for Allsteel, Haworth, Herman Miller, Knoll, and Steelcase dealers. Dates and times are posted in our Events section. Send word through our Contact page to get on the mailing list for announcements about the Fall 2018 term.
Project Management TrainingINSTRUCTOR: SCOTT JAMISON
Through a series of 10 interactive webinars, dealer staff members are guided through information, tools and best practices that will help your dealership avoid costly mistakes, reduce margin erosion, and sustain and deepen customer relationships. The class instructor is expert in furniture project management and an industry leader in project management training.
- Dealer economics and margin erosion
- 4 key causes of margin erosion
- Project manager (PM) roles and responsibilities
- 7 key concepts
- Best practices
- Sales order process and the PM's role
- Best practices to prevent margin erosion
- Work order process overview
- Best practices for efficiency
- Installation importance and key issues
- Efficiency and effectiveness factors
- Solomon Coyle estimating process
- Estimating rules of thumb
- Estimating prototypes
- Key elements of the project plan
- End-to-end view of the project plan
- Communications and documentation
- Client expectations and decision making
- Documenting key decisions
- Managing the scope of work
- Terms and conditions
- Documenting change orders
- 5 key project aspects
- Leveraging the manufacturer's capabilities
- Managing job close-out
- Working effectively with subcontractors
- Managing corrective actions efficiently
- Punch list process
- Project management value proposition
- Determining project management services cost
- Marketing project management services
- Review of key concepts
- Challenges and opportunities in the day-to-day application of project management concepts and best practices
Become a selling organization empowered to grow market share
Foundations of Sales ManagementINSTRUCTOR: PAUL HOLLAND
This two-day on-site program is our antidote to the notion that you can sell your way to growth and profitability simply by acquiring sales people who come with an attractive “book” and growing the revenue from “existing” accounts.
That approach is not working today. There’s less overall demand. Products are perceived as commodities. Buyers are driven by price. Achieving incremental gains in revenue and profit means aggressively taking market share from competitors.
The Solomon Coyle team will be happy to customize a Foundations of Sales Management program for your dealership if you’re ready to become an organization where:
- All members of the office staff understand the new competitive environment.
- Everyone grasps the need to focus on acquiring new business.
- There’s a well-defined sales process that everyone can and does support effectively.
- Strong sales leaders do a good job of managing the process, hold people accountable, coach their teams to success and generate a maximum return on your sales investment.
The two days of on-site staff education we conduct is not sales training. It will complement whatever brand of sales training your company may subscribe to.
Day One is all about stimulating buy-in and forward momentum from Sales, Design, Customer Service, Project Management and Operations Management. We educate your teams on industry pressures, commoditization of the marketplace, the new competitive environment and changes in customer buying patterns. We also discuss how their roles will change as a result of the dealership’s transformation to a true selling organization.
Day Two focuses on positioning your management team to drive performance and produce lasting change. We review fundamentals, emphasizing how to manage a sales funnel, run productive meetings, and develop team members. We also provide the tools, tactics and tracking mechanisms your management team and sales leader(s) will need to successfully implement the new sales process, work with other departments and lead a selling culture.
Enhance your group’s education program with Solomon Coyle research and insight
Solomon Coyle can customize any of the topics listed below to create a presentation or workshop that addresses your organization’s needs and interests.
- Benchmark your way to a better bottom line
- Common mistakes dealers make and how to fix them
- Project management with a profit emphasis
- Improving efficiency in the quote-to-cash business cycle
- Growing your business in a flat economy
- How to make money on installation
- Eliminating margin erosion
- Best practices for a high-performance design department
- Leveraging technology for greater productivity
- Structure your dealership for success with architectural interiors
- Finding the right dealer business model
- The future of the dealer
- Identifying, qualifying and developing client solutions effectively
- Developing an effective sales and marketing plan
- Long-term high performance for new business development