Welcome!Welcome to the Solomon Coyle Operational Performance and Financial Benchmark Report! We are pleased to present the results for your review and introduce new users to our web-based Dealer Benchmark Tool that makes it easy to compare your firm’s performance to that of other aligned dealers.
The tool incorporates dealer benchmark data submitted by hundreds of dealers aligned with Allsteel, Haworth, Herman Miller, Knoll or Steelcase. It is truly the industry-standard resource for aligned dealers who are focused on increasing margin, lowering overhead, and improving overall financial results.
We have designed our report specifically to equip dealer decision makers with the objective, fact-based data you need to measure key aspects of your company, understand your operational performance as compared to like-aligned dealers, and confidently develop strategies to improve your firm’s performance and processes.
Dealer profitability and growth starts with this basic strategy: You can't manage what you can't measure.
With that in mind, this year’s Dealer Benchmark Tool makes it easier than ever to measure your performance and incorporate Solomon Coyle data in your planning process. Using the tool, you can quickly and easily find relevant data and select the comparisons that are most meaningful to your business. You can also quickly identify areas in which your firm excels or needs improvement.
The tool also makes it easy to bring Solomon Coyle research data into your familiar desktop work environment. With a click of your mouse you can now export Solomon Coyle metrics and data into Excel worksheets to make it even easier for you to use the benchmarking results as part of your budget building and performance tracking.
With the Year-end 2018 Solomon Coyle Operational Performance and Financial Benchmark Report you can:
- Benchmark your firm’s financial performance against the industry’s largest cross-section of aligned dealer peers and competitors available.
- Focus on performance worthy of benchmarking: compare your performance to top performers and select the relevant metrics to help drive your operational goals.
- Target those areas offering the biggest opportunity for improving profitability using the Solomon Coyle Key Performance Indicators.
- Utilize exclusive Solomon Coyle-only industry measurements to provide true comparative analysis and new ways to view your company’s performance.
- Develop key initiatives, backed by data, to define your firm's future.
- Make informed changes to overhead, operations or policies that improve profitability and cash flow.
- Drive accountability for performance because you have the “numbers” to set the bar.
- Track success by keeping score using key performance metrics.
We are convinced that better data will help you get even better results with greater insights for business planning and improvement.
Thank you for participating and please join us in thanking our survey sponsors for their strong support of this vital industry research: Allsteel, Haworth, Herman Miller, Knoll and Steelcase.
We also want to thank the members of the Solomon Coyle dealer peer groups for their participation, including 5.5 Club, High Performance Dealer Alliance (HPDA), National Dealer Alliance (NDA), Workplace Alliance (WPA), Solomon Coyle Allsteel Dealer Peer Group, and Ten+.
David J. Solomon
Solomon Coyle LLC